1. What we know about you
We collect personal information from you when it is reasonably necessary for a business purpose.
That means we collect it to supply you with the products you have asked for and to provide you with the best possible service.
Other reasons we collect personal information are to:
- Understand you, and how we can meet your needs now and in the future
- Develop or evaluate products
- Make ads more relevant to you, whether they're about our products or those of other companies
- Manage our business
Of course, you can choose not to provide your personal information or may just want to deal with us anonymously. If this happens, we may not be able to provide you with the product you've asked for or give you the level of service you expect.
- When you purchase products
- When you join or use our rewards programs
- Site performance identifiers: these give us information about how our website is used
- Analytics cookies: we use these to gather statistics about our site. For example, they help us monitor how many users are on the site, and what sections are most popular
- Advertising cookies: we use these cookies to improve our understanding of the kind of advertising that may be relevant to your aggregated segment
It's important to know you can clear cookies or digital identifiers from your device and also disable future use of them by changing the security settings on your web browser. However, doing this might mean that parts of Smashing Frog's website may not work as they should.
We may also collect personal information from other companies that are able to disclose it to us, if it's not practical to collect it from you. For example, we buy or obtain personal information from trusted sources to help us identify people who might be interested in hearing about our products.
We will take reasonable steps to make sure you know we have your personal
4. Smashing Frog and Who We Work With
We also work with several other companies, and in certain circumstances may share personal information with them.
Smashing Frog maintains effective control of your information at all times, including by ensuring that parties located overseas are subject to strict controls that limit access and subsequent handling of your information to the extent strictly necessary to perform the relevant function and protect your information from unauthorised use and disclosure.
We may provide information to courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities, and law enforcement officers as required by Australian law.
Everyone hates being bombarded with ads for things they don't need or have any interest in. Smashing Frog may use your personal information, or engage third parties who collect information about you from publicly available sources, to deliver advertising that is customised or more relevant to your interests, characteristics or general location. This doesn't necessarily mean you'll get more advertising. It just means that the advertising that you see will hopefully be more relevant to you.
You can opt out of receiving online relevant advertising material at any time by emailing us on email@example.com or by calling us on (+61) 430 043 702.
When you opt out, you can choose to opt out of particular direct marketing, or all direct marketing. Of course, there are some types of marketing we can't control on an individual basis, like general letterbox drops or online ads that are not targeted specifically to you.
Security is serious. We're committed to protecting your personal information.
Some of the security measures we use include:
- Firewalls and access logging tools that protect against unauthorised access to your data and our network.
- Secure work environments and workflow systems that prevent unauthorised access and copying of your personal information.
- Encryption of data in transit.
- Management of access privileges, to ensure that only those who really need it can see your personal information.
These measures are robust, but security risks do change. We will remain vigilant in our efforts to protect your personal information.
We aim to keep the personal information we hold about you accurate, up-to-date and complete. If you think our records should be corrected, please call us on (+61) 430 043 702.
We encourage you to update your details with us so we can provide better service to you.
We recognise that your personal information is important to you, so please let us know if you have any questions or concerns about this policy or our practices.
You can get in touch with us by:
Phone: (+61) 430 043 702
Email us - firstname.lastname@example.org